Archive for the ‘GUADEC’ Category
The GUADEC 2013 videos are now available from http://www.superlectures.com/guadec2013/.
Some of the other highlights of this year:
The Gnomies, our Creative Commons (CC) movie night, is going to be running from 18:30 to 21:40 hr today (ie. 2nd August). You can see some really cool CC movies that are currently making the rounds.
From 18:30 to 20:00
- Your Face is a Saxophone (part 1) – 24 min
- Your Face is a Saxophone (part 2) – 25 min
- Tears of Steel – 12 min
- L5 (part 1) – 27 min
From 20:10 to 21:40
- Time Expired – 93 min
Room D0207 at the GUADEC venue.
It is going to be awesome!
GUADEC 2013 is starting in Brno from 1st August (ie. tomorrow). We will be holding a welcome event at Ventana Café today from 16:00 to 21:00 local time. The café is located right across the street from this year’s venue.
We have a couple of more social events lined up during the core conference days – a party at Klub Fléda on the 1st of August, and another one at Starobrno Brewery on the 3rd. There is also going to be a film night on 2nd August at the venue.
See you in Brno!
If you are planning to host a BOF at GUADEC this year, please ensure that you have scheduled it on the wiki. Please go to https://wiki.gnome.org/GUADEC/2013/BOFs and claim one of the following rooms on a date and time that is convenient for you:
- Room A112 (~64 seats)
- Room A218 (~35 seats)
- Room C209 (~30 seats)
- Room C236 (~20 seats)
It is still snowing in Brno, but there is no reason to believe that summer is far away. So, please go ahead and start submitting your talks for this year’s GUADEC.
This year’s conference will focus on:
- Design of the core user experience (core applications, shell, toolkit)
- Design of the developer experience (tools, documentation, services)
- Integration and extension of the operating system plumbings into the core UX
- Application development and deployment
- Integration of web technologies into the GNOME user experience
- Improving the user experience on different form factors
- Outreach to new contributors
- Organization and governance of the project
I am sure you have a lot of cool things to talk about and the deadline is barely three weeks away on the 27th of April. So, hurry up and send those talks our way. We hope to see you in Brno in August.